- Dr. Anil K. Jain qouoted in
San Francisco Chronicle,
Before It’s News,
Tech Switch on iPhone Face-ID, Oct, 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain and Joshua Engelsma's work of fingerprint sensor using Respberry highlighted in the official website's Blog, Sep, 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain and Joshua Engelsma's work highlighted in MSUToday and The Verge, Sep, 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain quoted in Forbes Article How Face ID Works On Apple's iPhone X, Sep, 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain quoted in Popular Science Article Apple's new Face ID system uses a sensing strategy that dates back decades, Sep, 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain quoted in Yahoo! Finance Article Why Facial Recognition Could Be the Best Way to Unlock Your Next Phone, Sep, 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain and his team's work on "Latent fingerprint value" featured in the NIST press release Scientists Automate Key Step in Forensic Fingerprint Analysis, August 14, 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain quoted in the VOA article US Face Scanning Program Concerns Privacy Groups , July 24, 2017.
- China's All-Seeing Surveillance State Is Reading Its Citizens’ Faces, Jun 27, 2017. [Article]
- Dr. Anil K. Jain quoted in the Boston Globe article JetBlue will test facial-recognition system for boarding at Logan, May 31, 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain, Dr. Kai Cao, and Dr. Sunpreet S. Arora were awarded Lansing Police Department's Civilian Citation at Lansing Police Dept. Award Ceremony and MSUPD presented him the Meritorious Service Award “in response to the assistance provided to the Digital Forensics and Computer Crimes Unit.” ,May, 2017.[news][photo][photo]
- Dr. Anil K. Jain quoted in the CBSNews article Delta to roll out facial recognition technology at airport bag check , May 16, 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain quoted in The Verge article Airport face recognition could extend to US citizens, says Customs, May 9, 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain quoted in Biometric Update article Fingerprints effective for identification from six-months of age, April 28, 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain quoted in The Outline article Would these hyper-realistic masks fool a facial recognition system?, April 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain and hist team's work featured on The Atlantic, March 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain quoted in Popular Science article Passwords suck, but lip-reading computers won't save us. March 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain and his team's work on Longitudinal Study of Automatic Face Recognition featured on MSUToday, March 1, 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain and his team's work on lemur face recognition featured on CSMonitor
February 17, 2017.
- Delta ID has signed a definitive merger agreement with Finger Print Card SA. The CEO of DeltaID, Dr. Salil Prabhakar, received his Ph.D. in the PRIP Lab at MSU in 2001. February 2017.[News]
- Dr. Anil K. Jain quoted in Seeke article President Trump's Travel Ban Order Could Expedite Biometric Scanning at Airports. February 2017.
- Anil Jain and his team's work on fingerprints faking featured on
MSU MY. January 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain quoted in Chicago Tribune article What's Next Illinois biometrics lawsuits may help define rules for Facebook, Google. January 17, 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain quoted in Quartz article New “camouflage” promises to make you unrecognizable to facial-recognition technology. January 06, 2017.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain quoted in IEEE Spectrum article Facebook’s Face Recognition Tech Goes on Trial. December 29, 2016.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain recognized as one of the world's most highly cited researchers, by Thomson Reuters along with 5 other MSU faculty. December 13, 2016.
- Dr. Anil K. Jain quoted in TechRepublic article Eye and fingerprint scanners in cars will double by 2021, report says, December 1, 2016.
- MSU celebrates the election of Dr. Anil K. Jain into the National Academy of Engineering, November 30, 2016. [News][Photo Gallery]
- Congratulations to Lacey Best-Rowden for successfully defending her PhD Thesis titled "Face Recognition: Role of Aging and Quality Covariates", November 30, 2016.
- Congratulations to Sunpreet S. Arora for successfully defending his PhD Thesis titled "Fingerprint Recognition: Contributions to Latent Matching and 3D Fingerprint Target Generation", November 28, 2016. [pdf]
- Congratulations to Charles Otto for successfully defending his PhD Thesis titled "Face Search and Clustering At Scale", November 28, 2016. [pdf]
- Anil Jain and his team's work on infant fingerprints featured on
The State News,
Science Daily, Forbes,
November 2016. Know more about it at: [Watch the Video] [Report]
- Research on 3D Fingerprint and Hand targets is featured in
NASA Tech Briefs,
The Siasat Daily,
Jobs & Hire,
India TV News,
India Live Today,
The Indian Express,
Times of India,
WXYZ news, October 28, 2016
- CCBR 2016: Keyur Patel received the Best Student Paper Award for his paper "Cross-database Face Antispoofing with Robust Feature Representation" (by K. Patel, H. Han and A. K. Jain) [pdf]
- BIOSIG 2016: Sunpreet Arora received the Best Paper Award for his paper "3D Whole Hand Targets: Evaluating Slap and Contactless Fingerprint Readers" (by S. S. Arora, A. K. Jain and N. G. Paulter Jr.) [pdf]
- BIOSIG 2016: Yoshinori Koda received the Best Poster Award for his paper "Advances in Capturing Child Fingerprints: A High Resolution CMOSImage Sensor with SLDR Method" (by Y. Koda, T. Higuchi and A. K. Jain) [pdf]
- Research on Face Identification at PRIP featured on a major Korean news broadcasting channel. [Watch it here.]
- Anil Jain has been elected a Foreign Fellow by the Indian National Academy of Engineering. Along with the INAE honor this fall, he will be inducted into the National Academy of Engineering (NAE) on Oct. 9 in Washington, D.C. -- one of the highest professional distinctions accorded to an engineer in the United States.
- Anil Jain featured in SF Chronicle article Iris scanning means just one look unlocks Samsung Galaxy Note7, August 2, 2016.
- Anil Jain quoted in TechRepublic article Why an eye scan could soon unlock Samsung and Apple phones, July 28, 2016.
- Research on creating 2D and 3D fingerprint replicas at PRIP lab helps law enforcement agencies to fight crime. This research work is featured in both National and International media: MSU Today, Detroit Free Press, Lansing State Journal, BBC UK Podcast, Quartz, Jetzt, Forbes, NPR, Archer Security Group, Chicago Tribune, New York Daily, The Guardian, The Indian Express, DailyMail, UK, The Telegraph, UK, Fusion, Gizmodo, Australia, TechWorm, Naked Security, Geeky Gadgets, PhoneRadar, StockHouse, The Gospel Herald, Information Week, TechFacts Live, Yahoo News, Smithsonian, Popular Mechanics, KABC, HotHardware, TechSpot, PCMag, The Inquirer, Planet Biometrics, Metro, UK, GearBrain, International Business Times, Gizmodo, UK, MacRumors, Inverse, TechRadar, Softpedia, The Next Web, Mo4ch, Mashable, Digital Trends, Carbonated, Complex, RawStory, AOL, Engadget, DailyCaller, 3dprint, 3Ders, Slashgear, UberGizmo, The Verge, Inverse, July 21, 2016.
- Anil Jain and his team's work on infant fingerprints AI and Infant Fingerprints Could Track Vaccinations, Identify Missing Kids featured on NVIDIA's official blog, July 19, 2016.
- Anil Jain quoted in the MIT Technology Review article Are Face Recognition Systems Accurate? Depends on Your Race. by Mike Orcutt, July 6, 2016.
- Anil Jain quoted in the MIT Technology Review article As It Searches for Suspects, the FBI May Be Looking at You by Mike Orcutt, June 23, 2016.
- Research on Fingerprint ID system for babies in news: HowStuffWorks, June 23, 2016, Digital Trends, June 16, 2016.
- Anil Jain featured in Times of India article Trust at your Fingertips by Narayanan Krishnaswami, June 19, 2016. [text]
- Anil Jain quoted in the NewScientist article We now have the tech to fingerprint babies - but should we? by Aviva Rutkin, June 15, 2016
- Anil Jain visited ZKTeco, China, June 15, 2016
- Anil Jain talks about past, present and future of biometrics in an interview with Pankaj Mishra from FactorDaily.com, June 13, 2016.
- Delta ID is named as one of the top 100 most exciting private companies in North America by Red Herring, June 9, 2016.
- Anil Jain quoted in the FactCheck Wire article Trump's Tall Tabloid Tale by Robert Farley, May 3, 2016
- Anil Jain featured in MSU College of Engineering Advertisement
- Anil Jain featured in a Lab Manager article "Insights on the growing fingerprint challenge" by Mike May, April, 2016.
- Anil Jain and his graduate students featured in MSU President Simon's Report, April 11, 2016.
- Anil Jain featured on "People of ACM", April 5, 2016.
- Facial recognition research featured on ClickOnDetroit [video], March 28, 2016.
- Anil Jain explains hacking smartphones using 2D printed fingerprints on WJR Radio Detroit (The Internet Advisor), March 26, 2016.
- Method to hack smartphone fingerprint sensors using conductive inkjet technology featured on Yahoo News, March 9, 2016, EWeek, March 9, 2016, CBSlocal, March 8, 2016, BGR, March 8, 2016, wonderhowto, March 8, 2016, SiliconRepublic, March 8, 2016, theinquirer, March 8, 2016, boingboing, March 6, 2016, qz, March 5, 2016, nextgov, March 3, 2016, WSJ, February 24, 2016, MSU Youtube Channel, Feb 19, 2016.
- Anil Jain quoted in NBC Chicago (Who Owns Your Face? Battle Brews Over Facial Recognition), February 29, 2016.
- Face retrieval research featured on WLNS.com, February 29, 2016.
- Research on using fingerprints for infant healthcare management featured on WLNS.com, February 26, 2016.
- Anil Jain elected to the National Academy of Engineering [EGR News], February 8, 2016.
- Using infant fingerprints to track vaccination schedules and improve vaccination coverage [Facebook] [YouTube],February 4, 2016.
- Anil Jain named a fellow of the National Academy of Inventors [MSU Today], December 21, 2015.
- Face Search at Scale and FaceSketchID systems featured on Michigan Radio, December 7, 2015.
- Tattoo-ID system featured on USA Today, December 2, 2015.
- Large scale face search technology licensed to NEC Corp. America [MSU Today], December 1, 2015.
- Anil Jain featured as a Spartan Crime Fighter on MSU Today, November 1, 2015.
- Research investigating fingeprint matching accuracy over time featured in Evidence Technology Magazine, September-October 2015.
- Anil Jain quoted in IEEE Spectrum (FBI wants better automated analysis for tattoos), August 19, 2015.
- Anil Jain interviewed by Charles Severance about the evolution of the biometric recognition field for IEEE Computer, July 22, 2015. [pdf]
- Anil Jain quoted in CBS News (FBI using facial recognition despite privacy concerns), July 6, 2015.
- Article discussing the role of biometrics in forensic science featured on planetbiometrics.com, June 29, 2015.
- Research investigating persistence of fingerprint recognition accuracy over time featured on MSU Today, June 29, 2015.
- Former student honors Anil Jain with endowed fund, June 1, 2015 [MSU Today].
- Anil Jain quoted in CBS Minnesota (Good Question: How Does Facial Recognition Technology Work?), May 14, 2015.
- Anil Jain quoted in The Big Story - Associated Press (Can't remember your password? Here are 2 new ways to log in), March 20, 2015.
- PRIP lab research featured on MSU iCER Research Highlights, March 16, 2015.
- Research on using fingerprints to track vaccination schedules of infants and toddlers featured on WILX.com, February 13, 2015, Fox 47 News, February 14, 2015.
- Anil Jain quoted in TheIndyChannel.com, February 9, 2015, 23abc, February 9 2015, wptv.com, February 9, 2015, wkbw.com, February 9, 2015, Naples Daily News, February 9, 2015, kshb.com, February 9, 2015, TheDenverChannel.com, February 9, 2015 (False convictions leave communities to deal with the consequences).
- Anil K. Jain interviewed about the use of technology in solving the Paris shootings on Bloomberg TV, January 7, 2015.
- PRIP lab research featured on BTN Live, December 2, 2014.
- The FaceSketchID system featured on MSU Today, November 11, 2014.
- Anil K. Jain interviewed about identifying the executioner of American journalist James Foley on Bloomberg TV, August 22, 2014.
- Fingerprint based recognition technology to track vaccination schedules of infants and toddlers in developing countries featured on Voice of America, October 22, 2014, planetbiometrics.com, October 6, 2014, Health IT Outcomes, October 6, 2014, TuftScope, October 3, 2014, growingyourbaby.com, October 1, 2014, Science World Report, September 30, 2014, FierceHealthIT, September 29, 2014, Business Standard, September 28, 2014, Zee News India, September 28, 2014, delhidailynews.com, September 28, 2014, inquisitr.com, September 28, 2014, publichealthwatch, September 27, 2014, Science Daily, September 27, 2014, 1776dc.com, September 23, 2014, ACM TechNews, September 8, 2014, Kompasiana, September 6, 2014, MIT Technology Review, September 4, 2014, eHealth News Africa, September 2, 2014, Africa HealthCare IT News, August 25, 2014, techmoran.com, August 21, 2014, biometricupdate.com, August 21, 2014, futurity.org, August 20, 2014, Dick Jones Communications, August 19, 2014, MSU Today, August 19, 2014.
- Anil K. Jain appointed a member of the first Forensic Science Standards Board by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the Department of Justice (DOJ), June 26, 2014 [MSU Today].
- Technology to create wearable 3D fingerprint artifacts featured on Fox 47 News, May 6, 2014.
- Soweon Yoon named CSE outstanding graduate student, April 28, 2014.
- Anil K. Jain awarded the 2014 Innovator of the Year by the MSU Innovation Center, April 16, 2014.
- Anil K. Jain quoted in MarketWatch (Is the end of Social Security numbers at hand? The search for more secure alternatives, including biometrics), April 9, 2014.
- Technology to create 3D fingerprint phantoms featured in The State News, March 18 2014, 3dprinterworld.com, March 18, 2014, whiteclouds.com, March 18, 2014, 3dprinting.com, March 13, 2014, engineering.com, March 13, 2014, 3dprinter.net, March 13, 2014, 3dprintingindustry.com, March 12, 2014, 3ders.org, March 8, 2014, domain-B, March 8, 2014, International Business Times, March 8, 2014, Deccan Chronicle, March 8, 2014, The Financial Express, March 8, 2014, Jagran Josh, March 7, 2014, AOL, March 7, 2014, Indiatimes, March 6, 2014, The Times of India, March 6, 2014, FirstPost, March 6, 2014, IEEE Spectrum, March 6, 2014, CrazyEngineers, March 6, 2014, Computer Business Review, March 6, 2014, The Hindu Business Line, March 6, 2014, SiliconIndia.com, March 6, 2014, NDTV Gadgets, March 6, 2014, Gulf Today, March 6, 2014, India Today, March 6, 2014, IANS, March 6, 2014, India.com, March 6, 2014, Fox47 News, March 5, 2014, The American Bazaar, March 5, 2014, MSU Today, March 4, 2014.
- Anil K. Jain quoted in Popular Science (The End of Anonymity), January 15, 2014.
- Anil K. Jain interviewed about emerging biometric technologies in the consumer mainstream by the New York Times, December 28, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain's research has been widely recognized in the fields of pattern recognition and biometrics (more than 100,000 citations). [Google Scholar], [H-index]
- Soweon Yoon interviewed about palmprint matching [link], October 24, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain interviewed about the Biometric Optical Surveillance System (BOSS), a crowd scanning project by the Department of Homeland Security by the New York Times, Ars Technica and CBS Minnesota Radio [audio], August 21, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain interviewed about the development of a new biometric voting system for Tanzania by iSGTW magazine, July 17, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain's research featured in Homeland Security News Wire, May 28, 2013, Phys.org, Science Daily and MSU Today, May 24, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain interviewed in BYU Radio, April 29, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain featured in NOVA [htm], April 26, 2013, Mercury News [htm], April 19, 2013, and MIT Technology Review [htm], April 18, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain featured in WAMU Kojo Nnamdi Show, April 23, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain featured in KQED (The Forensics of Finding a Bomber), April 18, 2013. audio
- Interview video for APSIPA (Asia Pacific Signal & Image Processing Association) Social Net, Dec. 2012. Youtube Youku
- Tattoo Recognition system featured in Government Technology, Nov. 6, 2012.
- Anil K. Jain's research featured in Morpho News (Biometrics: the Expertise of Michigan State University), May 2, 2012.
- Anil K. Jain quoted in The Economic Times, (UIDAI: Banking on Biometrics to Give you a Unique Identity), April 26, 2012.
- Anil K. Jain featured in Forbes India, (18 Indian Minds Who Are Doing Cutting Edge Work), March 3, 2012.
- Graffiti matching system featured in Popular Science, Nov. 18, 2011, and NewScientist.com, Nov. 17, 2011.
- Technology to Detect Altered Fingerprints featured in Voice of America, Jan. 27, 2012 (audio), The Times of India, Sept. 22, 2011, Engineering News, Sept. 16, 2011, Homeland Security Newswire, Sept. 13, 2011, Channel 10 [website] and [video file], Sept. 12, 2011, State News, Sept. 12, 2011, Chicago Tribune, Sept. 11, 2011, chron.com, Sept. 11, 2011, thetimesherald.com, Sept. 11, 2011, MSU News, Sept. 09, 2011.
- Technology to Match Forensic Sketches to Mugshots featured in The Institute, 2012, Channel 10, May 19, 2011, Channel 4 - Detroit, May 2011, State News, April 15, 2011, SmartPlanet.com, March 17, 2011, Lansing State Journal, March 14, 2011, MSU News, March 03, 2011.
- PRIP lab research featured in CNN, May 4, 2011.
- Tattoo Detective, Wired Magazine, pp. 48, Dec. 2010.
- Report on Biometrics from National Academies, Sept. 24, 2010.
- Anil K. Jain quoted in sfweekly.com, July 14, 2010, cnn.com, July 9, 2010, cnn.com, March 15, 2010.
- Analysis of medicine needs, February 22, 2010.
- Interview on amlansing.com, January 26, 2010.